Weds May 9 CTL Teaching Toolkit: Discussion U: Facilitating Effective Discussions
The Instructional Design Team at the Center for Teaching and Learning invite JHSPH faculty and TAs to the next Teaching Toolkit lunchtime workshop:
- What can we do if no one speaks?
- How does class size affect facilitation strategies?
- If we use classroom discussion as a learning activity, how do we know that students understand key material?
In this workshop, we will discuss these questions and others so that we can facilitate meaningful classroom discussions.
When: Wednesday, May 9, 12:15-1:15
Where: Bloomberg/Wolfe St. (room number TBA) (all registered attendees will be emailed the location)
How: You are welcome to attend in person, or via Adobe Connect (link will be provided to those who RSVP as remote participants)
Registration: To register for the workshop: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVQZlhON0RfY25adFBDM29WMlE1b2c6MA#gid=0 (JHSPH Faculty, Staff and TAs only)
- Demonstrate best practices for facilitating meaningful classroom discussions
- Adapt facilitation skills to a variety of environments (class size, student mix, etc)
- Brief introduction to the science of learning
- Classroom discussion in practice
- Overview of strategies and resources
For more information on the Teaching Toolkit and past event recordings:
We look forward to see you there!
CTL ID Team