Updates to the Gradebook in March, 2018
The CoursePlus team is always working to make CoursePlus better. We take requests and feedback from faculty, staff, and students alike on a daily basis.
Based on the feedback we've received, we made the following enhancements to the Gradebook in March, 2018:
- There is now an option on the "Enter Grades" page to give all students who don't have a grade for that item a zero.
- In Gradebook categories where one or more of the lowest/highest scores are dropped when calculating the final grade, percentage values for each item in the category on the Gradebook setup page are no longer shown. Instead an (i) icon appears with the following help text: "Items in this category will be assigned an equal weight that is based on how many items remain when the lowest and/or highest grades are dropped. This value may vary from student to student, and at different points during the term."
- In Gradebook categories where one or more of the lowest/highest scores are dropped when calculating the final grade, grades that are dropped are now shown with a "Dropped" label, instead of the percentage that they would have contributed to a category, on the individual student view of their Gradebook.
- If feedback has been sent to a student, the score and feedback for that item is now automatically displayed to the student on their view of the Gradebook.
- When grading by student (seeing all the graded items for an individual student, instead of a single graded item for the whole class), links now appear at the bottom of the page which take you to the previous or next student on the roster.
- The percentage weight that an item has for a category is now shown to two decimal places on the student view of their Gradebook.
If you have any questions about any of these changes to the Gradebook, please contact CTL Help!