Portfolio Updates for the Summer Term
As more programs at the School of Public Health adopt portfoios for mapping student progress throughout a degree program, we continue to refine and enhance the portfolio tool based on program director, administrator, and student feedback. We've made a number of enhancements to the portfolio tool in the summer term, which are listed below:
- Touchpoints can now be flagged as being reflection-oriented or task-oriented. The student view of reflection-oriented touchpoints remains the same as it has been. The student view of task-oriented touchpoints is different in that instead of providing a reflection, there is a completely optional "Task Notes" section.
- Students now have a private journal tool, visible only to them, where they can reflect on how they move through their program.
- Students can mark any publishing view as a bio-sketch, which can then be viewed by their advisor with a single click from the main advisor dashboard.
- Folders in the Evidence Library can now be expanded and collapsed as needed.
- A student's Evidence Library is no longer visible to advisors, per the request of a number of program leaders.
- Every touchpoint now has the option to not include supporting evidence/files along with not showing competencies.
- The rich text editor in the portfolio now has paragraph alignment tools, but has lost the drawing pad.
- You can now fully remove a profile photo from a publishing view, not just replace the image.
- There is now a link to view all student competencies at the bottom of a faculty advisor's view of a student touchpoint.