New CoursePlus Features Available in the Fourth Term
The team behind CoursePlus works continually to improve the features and functionality of the website. The team gets a lot of requests for enhancements and changes. Some of these are big, and others small but still important. Listed below are some of the changes made to CoursePlus in the last few months which you may not have seen:
- Enrollment is now pulled from SIS for multiple terms in advance of the term start date. Previously, CoursePlus could only pull current term enrollment information.
- You can now import an email message from a previous offering of a class in the class email tool.
- You can now receive a daily email notification of students who add or drop a class.
- Students who have recorded the pronunciation of their name in the University's NameCoach tool now have a button to hear the pronunciation of their name on the course roster.
- You can now delete multiple files or folders from the Online Library in one click.
- You can now limit the number of words a student enters in an essay question on a quiz or exam.
- A number of other changes have been made to the Quiz Generator tool.
- Faculty and TAs in online courses can now create LiveTalk polls from within CoursePlus itself.
- There is now a special tool for reporting lecture video content or transcription errors.
- The Schedule Builder and Syllabus Builder tools now has a log of who changed what in each tool, and when those changes were made.
- The rich text editor throughout CoursePlus now includes a word count.
- When a student submits answers to a proctored exam, the proctor now receives a confirmation email message that the student submitted the answers.
- Portfolio administrators now have filters to display students by cohort in a number of administrative views.
- When an Online Library file is deleted, it is no longer moved to a hidden directory, but instead remains available to previous offerings of the class that might have used that file.