Highlights of What's New in CoursePlus for the First Term
CoursePlus is always changing. Faculty, staff, and students alike request that new features be added or altered. The team that builds CoursePlus doesn't stop this work, even in the summer. Here are some important changes to CoursePlus from the past few months that you may have missed due to end of academic year busyness or summer break:
- LiveTalks in online courses now use a new system called Zoom.
- Video tutorials for using Zoom are available for students and faculty alike.
- The simulation building tool PathFinder received a major overhaul, making it vastly simpler and more powerful to use.
- Add/drop dates for each academic course are now displayed on the course syllabus.
- You can now send both individual and class-wide feedback to a student from the Gradebook.
- The Quiz Generator now uses more accurate algorithms for determining when a student has abandoned an attempt on a quiz/exam.
- Faculty or TAs can now be notified via email each time a student signs up on a Signup Sheet.
- You can now link to an individual student's Gradebook page from the "Enter Grades by Activity or Group" view.
A lot more happened to CoursePlus in the last few months, but these are the highlights. There is a full, detailed list of changes to CoursePlus broken down by month available for you to view at any time. You can also follow the @CoursePlus Twitter account for changes as they happen.
If you have questions about any of these changes, please contact CTL Help. They're always happy to answer your questions.