A New Version of the Drop Box Coming to CoursePlus
In the coming weeks, CoursePlus will be updated to include the same version of the Drop Box tool that has been available to online courses for some time. The new version of the Drop Box includes some important new features which make it easier for faculty, TAs, and administrative staff to manage Drop Boxes. Some of the highlights of this new version include:
- Multiple assignment parts per Drop Box. You can now collect up to five (5) files from each student in a single Drop Box.
- Submit files on behalf of a student. Faculty and editors can now submit a file to a Drop Box on behalf of a student. This is very useful when a student can't submit their file in the regular fashion, but you want to take full advantage of the organizational capabilities of the Drop Box.
- See who downloaded files, and when. Each student file in a Drop Box now shows if the file has been downloaded by a faculty or editor, and when they downloaded the file.
- See a history of student submissions to a Drop Box. If the Drop Box is set up to allow multiple submissions, you can see a history of all submissions by the student to that Drop Box. Multiple versions of the files are not stored, however. Only the history of when students submitted a file to that Drop Box is displayed.
- Let students see other student submissions. You can set up a Drop Box so that once files are submitted, students can see everyone else's submissions. This is useful when students need to evaluate or critique other student papers, projects, or assignments.
- Get notified when students submit files to a Drop Box. You can optionally turn on notifications so that every time a student submits a file to a Drop Box, an email is sent to the specified address.